Are you tired of struggling to hear your favorite tunes or missing important calls because your iPhone’s volume just isn’t loud enough?
Well, we have all been there and luckily I found a solution to this problem.
So, if you don’t know how to increase the volume of your iPhone then just sit back and follow these steps.
1. Check Your iPhone’s Settings
To make your music louder and better on your iPhone, adjusting the EQ settings can be a helpful option.
Always try to play the music while changing the setting so that you can easily spot the changes in real-time.
If you use Spotify, you can access its EQ settings by clicking on the gear-shaped icon in the top-right corner.
Just select ‘Playback,’ and choose ‘Equalizer’ to make the changes.
To adjust your iPhone’s EQ settings-
- Open the Settings app, and then tap ‘Music.’
- From there, tap ‘EQ’ in the ‘AUDIO’ section.
- You’ll notice that the Equalisation is set to ‘Off’ by default, which means you’re using minimal speaker enhancements. You can tap any other EQ setting to check the sound. The EQ setting that is responsible for that loud music is called ‘Late Night.’
- After selecting the EQ setting of your preference, click on the back arrow to go back to the music menu.
- You may want to toggle off the ‘Sound Check’ feature to ensure your volume stays consistent, as it can contribute to low volume.
Adjust your iPhone’s EQ settings and turn off the ‘Sound Check’ feature, and you can make your music sound louder and better on your device.
2. Adjust Volume During Playback
When playing media on your iPhone, such as music, videos, or podcasts, you can adjust the volume easily using the volume buttons on the side of your iPhone.
The volume buttons are located on the left side of the iPhone and can be used to turn the volume up or down.
If You are using your AirPods, you can simply use the assistive touch feature the increase or decrease the volume.
To increase the volume while playing media on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Start playing your media, such as a song or video.
- While the media is playing, press the volume up button on the side of your iPhone to increase the volume. You’ll see the volume indicator on the screen increase as you press the button.
- If you want to decrease the volume, press the volume down button instead.
Note that you can also adjust the volume using the Control Center. To access the Control Center, swipe down from the upper-right corner of your iPhone’s screen.
Alternatively, swipe up from the bottom of the screen on older iPhones with a home button. From here, you can use the volume slider to adjust the volume of your media.
3. Use Headphones
Using headphones is a great way to boost the volume on your Android and iPhone devices.
This is because headphones can deliver sound directly to your ears without any interference from external noise.
When you listen to music through your iPhone’s speakers, the sound waves travel through the air. So objects in the environment can absorb or reflect the waves.
This can cause the sound to become weaker and less clear, especially if you’re in a noisy area.
With headphones, the sound waves are transmitted directly into your ear canal. They bypass the external noise, delivering a clearer and more powerful sound.
This can help you hear your media better, even in noisy environments. Some headphones are designed to enhance the bass or treble of the audio signal, which can also help to increase the perceived volume.
If the headphones are not generating enough volume output while listening to the music, then it may be because the Headphone Safety feature is enabled on your iPhone.
This feature is designed to preserve your hearing from loud sounds.
However, if you prefer to listen to music at a higher volume, you can turn off this feature by following these steps:
- Click on the back button to go to the main Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Sound & Haptics’ located in the second section of settings.
- Look for ‘Headphone Safety’ and tap it.
- Then look for the ‘Reduce Loud Sounds’ toggle button and turn it off.
With Headphone Safety turned off, you may be able to listen to music at a higher volume through your headphones.
However, it’s important to remember to take breaks and rest your ears to prevent long-term hearing damage.
4. Use a Speaker
If you’re trying to amplify the volume on your iPhone and want to share your media with others, using a speaker can be a great option.
Here are some tips to help you use a speaker with your iPhone:
- Connect your speaker: You can connect your speaker to your iPhone using Bluetooth or a cable. If your speaker supports Bluetooth, go to your iPhone’s settings and turn on Bluetooth. Then, put your speaker in pairing mode and connect to it from your iPhone. If your speaker uses a cable, plug one end into your iPhone’s headphone jack or lightning port, and the other end into the speaker’s audio input.
- Adjust iPhone volume: Once your speaker is connected, adjust the volume on your iPhone. Press the volume buttons on the side of your device or use the volume slider in the Control Center.
- Adjust speaker volume: Most speakers have their own volume controls, so make sure that the volume on your speaker is turned up to the maximum level. You can usually adjust the volume on your speaker using the buttons on the device or remote control.
- Try a volume-boosting app: Still having trouble getting enough volume from your speaker? You can try using a volume booster for that movie theatre experience. These apps work by enhancing the audio signal to increase the volume output of your device.
Using a speaker with your iPhone can help you share your media with others and get a better audio experience.
Just make sure to keep the volume at a safe level to prevent damage to your hearing.
You can also increase the volume of your Windows PC by connecting some high-quality external speakers.
How to increase Volume on iPhone by troubleshooting?
If you’re having trouble increasing the volume on your iPhone, there are a few things you can try:
- Check for updates: Make sure that your iPhone’s software is up to date. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for any available updates.
- Check for restrictions: Has your iPhone been set up with parental controls or restrictions? If yes, you may not be able to increase the volume beyond a certain level. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Check if any restrictions are enabled that could be limiting your volume.
- Clean your speakers: Sometimes, the speakers on your iPhone can become clogged with dirt or debris, which can affect the sound quality. Use a soft-bristled brush or a can of compressed air to gently clean your speakers. The same process can be applied to boost your laptop’s volume.
- Restart your iPhone: Restarting your iPhone can sometimes help resolve any issues with the software or hardware. For restarting the iPhone, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until the ‘power off slider”’ appears on the screen. Slide right to turn off your device. Now press the power button again to turn it on.
- Contact Apple support: If none of the above tips help resolve your issue, contact Apple support for assistance. They may be able to provide you with more specific troubleshooting tips or recommend a repair or replacement if needed.
Following these tips can hopefully resolve any issues with increasing the volume on your iPhone.
Ques 1: Is there a volume limit on iPhones?
Ans. Yes, there is a volume limit on iPhone, which is enabled by default. This limit is intended to protect your hearing and prevent damage to your ears from prolonged exposure to loud sounds.
However, you can adjust this limit or disable it altogether by going to your iPhone’s Settings > Music > Volume Limit.
Ques 2: Why is my volume so low on my iPhone?
Ans. There are several reasons why your volume may be low on your iPhone. Some common causes include:
- A faulty speaker
- A clogged speaker or headphone port
- Software issues
- The volume limit feature being enabled
You can try adjusting the EQ settings, cleaning the speakers and ports, or checking the sound settings to resolve this issue.
Ques 3: Where are the audio settings on iPhone?
Ans. To access the audio settings on your iPhone, open the Settings app and scroll down to find the ‘Sounds & Haptics’ option.
This section contains several settings related to audio. Some of them are ringtone and alert volume, keyboard clicks, and system sound.
Ques 4: How do I clean my iPhone speakers?
Ans. To clean your iPhone speakers, use a soft-bristled brush or a clean, dry toothbrush.
These can gently remove any debris or dust that may be clogging the speaker grilles.
You can also use compressed air to blow out any particles that are stuck inside the speakers. Avoid using water or any liquid cleaner as this can damage your device.
Ques 5: How do I fix my iPhone ear speaker?
Ans. If your iPhone ear speaker is not working correctly, try some troubleshooting steps.
These can be adjusting the volume, checking the sound settings, cleaning the speaker grilles, or restarting your device.
If the issue persists, it may be due to a hardware problem, and you should take your device to an authorized Apple service center for repair.
There are several ways to increase the volume on your iPhone, depending on your needs and preferences.
Remember to always keep the volume at a safe level to prevent damage to your hearing. Clean your speakers regularly to ensure optimal sound quality.
If you’re still having trouble increasing the volume on your iPhone, contact Apple support for further assistance.